Arts Award Discover encourages children to develop a basic understanding of a range of art forms, take part in arts activities and develop a basic understanding of communication.
With Rust & Stardust's Discover In A Day programme, participants complete the qualification in a single session. Examples of sessions include after school clubs, youth groups in village halls and home education groups.
The programme is specially designed for ages 5-9, and participants will take part in the arts, experience artists' work and share their discoveries.
- Children receive a specially created Arts Log to help them on their journey
- Children experience a short show, featuring multiple art forms (puppetry, storytelling, music, costume, writing, acting, craft)
- Children take part in a puppet show and tell and Q & A with the artists
- Children take part in a simple puppet making and performance activity
- Children share the puppets they have made with each other and an invited audience of parents/carers/teachers
- Work is assessed by trained Arts Award advisors
- Children receive a certificate
Arts Award Discover is an introductory award certificated by Trinity College London.
To pass Arts Award Discover, children are required to create an individual arts log demonstrating how they meet the following requirements:
- Participation in arts activities (Part A)
- Research into artists and their work (Part B)
- Sharing of their arts discovery (Part C)
Our advisors assess children in the following areas:
- Art form knowledge and understanding